Poetry


This is a poem I wrote while researching  slam poetry for my students. I was inspired and this is what I came up with. As an intern-teacher my students related to my poem because of the pressures of school parents and life in general. I hope that it may be of use....


Anxiety

By MeloDi

Anxiety

In the middle of the night

I haven’t got the time

Anxiety.

Every minute of every hour.

Why don’t my words have any power?

Anxiety!

For Syria! Egypt, Iraq and Palestine

Anxiety!

Because we all think that they are fine.



Anxiety!

From being and not being

Wanting and not wanting

With so many choices

What am I to choose?



Anxiety!

I don’t know what I am!

Anxiety!

From knowing and not knowing

Choosing and not choosing



Anxiety!

In the middle of the night.

I didn’t do this. I didn’t do that.

Anxiety! As I toss and turn in my bed

Realizing there are people with no place to lay their head.

Anxiety is confusion, dissolution

As my heart beats faster and faster.

Anxiety!

 As I quickly run without getting anywhere

Anxiety!

As I scream, shout and cry!

When compassion

Is not in fashion…



Anxiety!

When I do not say a word.

Silence is the loudest sound there is

When you are in agony and no one can hear.



Anxiety!

As my ear drums burst from the silence of those who say nothing.

Nothingness is as cruel as the sword above a man’s head before he waits to die.



Anxiety!

As I fall to my knees and pray

“ Make this anxiety go away”

Then slowly but surely with a little faith it comes that,

That I slowly drift into sleep.










Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue